Google
 

10 Bands and Musicians from Corfu

The island of Corfu has a musical heritage - going back mainly to the time that the island was under Venetian rule, hundreds of years ago. There are now traditional Corfiot songs and dances, as well as the 19 brass bands, or "philarmonikes", which everyone knows about. However, I believe that culture is an ongoing process and there are modern musicians from Corfu that are equally (if not more) important.

So, continuing my Lists of 10, I'm posting 10 contemporary bands and musicians from Corfu. This is not an exhaustive list - though it is pretty eclectic! - and I'm not claiming that they are the best 10. The only thing I would like to say is that I have a personal preference for the first 3 - Dead Eyes of Youth, Kore Ydro and nVerne.

At the bottom of the post there is a YouTube clip from Kore Ydro, if you want to listen to them.

Dead Eyes of Youth
Kore Ydro
Indie / Pop / Experimental
nVerne
Classical / Classical Opera and Vocal / Electronica
Contemplation
Rock / Metal
Bill Fishy Psarras
Colonel
Freestyle / Funk /Folk
Takis
Blues / Rock
Michalis Skolarikis
Pop / Rock / Acoustic
Escape Velocity
Ambient / Electronica / Psychedelic
Anastasios Kimpizis
Metal / Experimental / Progressive


Posted in Labels: , |

2 comments:

  1. andrea Says:

    Very interesting post!
    I'm andrea, i wrote you some days ago fro article exchange.

    Please contact me at: andreainfusino[AT]gmail.com!

  2. ioniseur Says:

    nice video!
    Gael

Related Posts with Thumbnails