Google
 

The Hunger Site

As I mentioned in my post about the Corfu Donkey Rescue, I've decided that I'm going to do some regular posts on issues that I feel we should be aware of - hopefully once a week. If you have anything that you would like me to post about, please let me know.

Today I want to look at The Hunger Site. Until I checked out their site, I didn't realise that they have been going since 1999. They have found an incredibly simple way to use the internet so that people can easily donate to help alleviate hunger - and for free. By just clicking on their button.

Apparently over 300 million visitors have donated more than 500 million cups of food since their foundation.

I know I am shocked by the hunger figures. In a world with a population of 6 billion, 1 billion are suffering from hunger or malnutrition. I really can't believe that we are doing this!

And 24.000 people per day are dying from hunger or hunger-related diseases!! Threequarters of these are children under five!

At least the good news is that the figures are dropping. Twenty years ago, the number was an incredible 41.000!

So please, just click on the button and do what you can.



The Hunger Site

Posted in Labels: |

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails